A complete Guide to Nose Bridge Piercing
As the name itself suggests that Nose Bridge Piercing refers to penetrating a pointed decorative item through the skin. Bridge piercing refers to the penetration of the same through the skin of the face. This piercing is a bit different from other piercing techniques.
In this type of process, the piercing is done on the face where the nose’s bone dips away between the eyes. This nose piercing is known as nose bridge piercing.
In short, this kind of piercing is done on the skin present in the centre of the space between the eyebrows and the start of the nose.
The importance of piercing is that it is a way of beautifying our bodies. In earlier times, it was believed that ear piercing helps to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle.
On the other hand, nose piercing, in the older times, was thought to result in strengthening ovaries, due to which good sexual changes occur in women.
Talking about the duration that a piercing takes to heal varies from person to person, around two to three months.
During this healing period, you should try not to touch or move the pin without any reason. This is because your outer part of the pin is exposed to air and the external environment.
Due to this, there are specks of dirt and bacterias on it. Rotating the pin means allowing the dirt to move into the wound, which can cause infection.
Septum Piercing Guide | Pain, Aftercare, Healing Time
Third Eye Piercing | Pain, Risk, Aftercare and more
Nasallang Piercing | Pain, Aftercare, Risk and more
Rhino Piercing | Pain, Aftercare, Risk and more
Bridge Piercing Pain
Talking of the pain caused due to nose piercing, the pain is not much, and hence, bearable. This is because the needle that is used to perform nose bridge piercing pierces only the skin rather than the hard cartilage.
While the experts are doing this type of nose piercing, they keep in mind that the needle goes through the nose’s thin skin. Due to this, the needle’s length to cover to pierce is small, resulting in less pain.
This is why this piercing technique is referred to as the nose bridge piercing, where the term “bridge” refers to the upper skin rather than going deep.
Aftercare of Nose Bridge Piercing
After you get a nose piercing, you are required to take great care of it. It takes time to heal after you undergo nose bridge piercing. During this time, it becomes essential to take care of it because your skin area is open, just like it happens in a wound.
- The area around your eyes is sensitive, and you cannot rely on anything to treat the pierced area. It would be best to keep in mind several things to prevent that pierced area from getting infected from bacteria and dirt.
- The very first thing to keep in mind after getting a nose bridge piercing is that you must keep yourself away from alcohol, bactine, or hydrogen peroxide. These items will worsen the condition by drying the wound rapidly rather than naturally.
- It would be best if you clean your piercing with the help of dilute solutions. All you have to do to make this solution is mixing four teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt into one gallon of distilled water. Now, spray the solution on your hands and then the area where you have the nose bridge piercing. Firstly clean your hands and then your nose.
- Remember not to use cotton as the cotton fibre can stick on the healing piercing resulting in irritation.
Having a nose bridge piercing is easy but maintaining it in a proper manner is a difficult task. There are several risks related to this piercing.
- As we know that the skin on which this nose bridge piercing is done is soft, so if you wear heavy jewellery in that piercing, then it can cause loosening of the skin and also cause scar marks.
- When your piercing is new and has not yet healed, you must take proper care of its alignment at that time. If you didn’t do so, then your piercing location can change during its healing period and then become rigid on that misplaced location after healing.
- Other than this, the nose piercing can cause damage to any nerve resulting in numbness.
Bridge Piercing Side effects
Not everyone’s body is adaptive to piercing. Some might even face side-effects. Below are some points listing the most common side-effects.
- After undergoing this nose bridge piercing, you might experience some swelling or pain.
- The main side effect of this piercing is allergic reactions. It might be a case that you are allergic to a specific metal.
- Some people have sensitive skin, and they might face constant soreness.
- People might also face the problem of having abnormal itching and swelling.
Concluding the topic, piercing enhances beauty, but the method should not cause your health problems. It would be best if you tried following safety and healthy ways of getting a nose piercing.